Dark Cave exploration with Kayak and Zipline (1 day)
- Duration: ful day
- Departure: everyday
- Pickup / Dropoff: Hue / Dong Hoi / Phong Nha
- Bring your swimming suite, towel, Gopro camera ...
- Best time to go Jan - Sep
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Entrance fee and National Park permit
- Local boat or kayak if mentioned
- Zipline on Chay River
- Electric golf car to transfer inside the mountain (3km)
- Cave equipment: plastic sandals, life jackets, caving helmets and light
Price: 42 usd /person.
Hang Toi, the Dark Cave, so called, not because of the lack of light, but because of the dark stone within. The Dark Cave was discovered in the years of anti-America resistance war by local people and used as a bomb shelter
Dark cave or Hang Toi is a branch of Phong Nha cave system with 5,558m long and 80m high; the entry of cave is 30m high and 10m wide with heavy forest around the cave mouth. Dark Cave was discovered in the years of anti-America resistance war by local people and used as a bomb shelter
Hang Toi has a primitive beauty with thousands of several spectacular stalagmite and stalactites. This is a shelter of many species of animals like bat and swift, especially, Ha Tinh langur – one of primate species listed in the Vietnam Red Data Book. Especially, Mr. L.Deharveng, a Russian scientist, on January 9th 1995, collected, discovered and proclaimed a specimen of a species of new crab (called Nemoron nomas) in Dark Cave. This specimen is now being kept in the Museum of Zoology, the National University of Singapore.
Clips and photos:
Watch more clips at our channel